Perceptron Robot Guidance solutions (RGS) calculate the difference between theoretical and actual relationships between robot and the part being assembled and return compensation data, in six axes, to the robot. These automated solutions reduce your investment in tooling and fixtures, ensure safety of hazardous tasks, and improve overall fit and finish quality of complex assembly operations.
Our Robot Guidance solutions are designed for industrial environments and can be installed in various locations in a manufacturing facility – from the main production area (Body Shop) to the last assembly station (Final Assembly or Paint Shop).
Perceptron’s Robot Guidance solutions are available with the following features:
- Deck and Check – Verify critical assembly operations and contain variation at source of installation
- Gap Optimization – “Optimize” all gaps that directly influence each other on a product
- Limits and Alarms – Instant notification when a feature falls outside of specifications
- Measure Various Materials – Chrome, Glass, Carbon Fiber, Polycarbonate, Rubber, Sheet Metal – Painted or Unpainted
Perceptron’s Robot Guidance solutions can be configured in three different ways:
- Structure mounted – Sensors installed on rigid modular tubing structure
- Robot Mounted – Sensors installed on an industrial robot
- Hybrid – Combination of structure mounted and robot mounted sensors
Perceptron’s Robot Guidance solutions can be used in the following applications:
- Vehicle Door Insertion
- Vehicle Roof Insertion
- Instrument Panel Insertion
- Windshield Insertion
- Laser Cutting
- Touch Form and Pierce
- Seam Sealing
- Glass Decking
- and more
For more information about Perceptron’s Robot Guidance solutions, download our brochure below.