We firmly believe our continuing success depends on the full and best use of the abilities of all Team Members. To fulfill these guidelines, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote Team Members without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other factor not related to the needs of the position.
As a Perceptron Project Engineer, you will work under the direction of a Project Manager/Project Coordinator to effectively install/support Perceptron projects (understand scope and tasks).
The Project Engineer will:
- Meet scheduling expectations and interact effectively and respectfully with customers.
- Handle unexpected customer delays and situations during project installations appropriately, representing the Project Management Team in a strong, positive manner.
- Determine and execute corrective actions for installation errors, customer changes, or unanticipated circumstances in coordination with your supervisor.
- Communicate project status to the Project Managers, and support Account teams, as necessary.
- Complete necessary training, so that you are able to complete the task in the field and ask for assistance from a Technical Specialist.
- Learn to integrate Perceptron technology with other equipment such as laser trackers, robots, and communication interfaces.
- Take initiative to broaden skillset across all Perceptron applications (Gauge/Guide), as opportunities arise.
- Represent Perceptron in a positive manner with all customers at all times.
As a Perceptron Software Development Engineer, you will estimate the effort to implement user stories. The Software Development Engineer will:
- Develop software to achieve sprint goals.
- Implement test cases.
- Create and satisfy unit and initial acceptance tests.
- Identify obstacles and work with the team to overcome challenges.
- Be part of a self-organizing team.
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Work aggressively towards continuous improvement and development best practices (TDD, BDD, CI, etc.)
- Understand and be responsible for refactoring efforts.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and a team player.