We firmly believe our continuing success depends on the full and best use of the abilities of all Team Members. To fulfill these guidelines, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote Team Members without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other factor not related to the needs of the position.
As a Perceptron Payroll Accountant, you will oversee and supervise the payroll function of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
The Payroll Accountant will:
- Perform routine accounting duties that affect the day to day operations of the company.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing and accounting system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, direct deposits, and changes to pay rates.
- Gather and audit timekeeping data, including resolving related issues.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- 401(k) and HSA data transmission.
- Prepare monthly commission schedules, tracking projects, etc.
- Monthly journal entries, including payroll-related accruals.
- Monthly General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Ad hoc queries in ADP.
- W-2 verification and distribution.
- Design and Implement Controls and Processes (P/R, 401k).
- Assist in ACA Compliance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
As a Perceptron Corporate Controller, you will direct the accounting staff on performance of their responsibilities. The Corporate Controller will:
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger accounting, consolidation function, and SEC & External Reporting.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Involvement in accounting process changes and closing activities.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Responsible for:
- Internal Reporting & Analysis
- Internal Controls
- Transfer Pricing
- Implementation of new Financial & SEC Requirements
- Merger and Acquisition Support
- Interface with the following:
- External Auditors
- Outside tax and SOX 404 professionals
- Perceptron International Entities
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.