We firmly believe our continuing success depends on the full and best use of the abilities of all Team Members. To fulfill these guidelines, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote Team Members without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other factor not related to the needs of the position.
Product Line Manager – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Product Line Manager, you will plan, direct and coordinate marketing of Perceptron products and services.
The Product Line Manager duties may include:
- Assess market needs and trends, analyzing their impact on current and new product concepts.
- Develop pricing strategies and pricing tools for products and services.
- Create product marketing collateral in support of products and services.
- Guide and drive product development ensuring products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Prioritize engineering projects.
- Assist the global account team in the positioning and sales of Perceptron products.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the marketing process.
- Communicate marketing strategies to the global marketing team to ensure efforts are focused on product objectives.
- Manage product configuration, version control, BOMs and order guidelines including spare parts.
- Establish and document functional specifications as required.
- When necessary, assist in quality assurance efforts – act as domain expert.
- Work closely with engineering functional managers to ensure developments satisfy product requirements.
Software Development Engineer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team to develop and test cutting-edge software solutions for our customers in both the metrology and in-line measurement domains.
The Software Development Engineer duties include:
- Full engagement in development cycles across Perceptron software products
- Contribute to a team of Engineers to produce high quality metrology system products
Candidate must have / be:
- Strong C++, C#, OO design & analysis (UML, Design Patterns)
- Expert in multi-thread, real time system
- Minimum two years of experience in software development
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with version control, bug tracking
- Enjoy hands-on engineering development
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
Training Specialist – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Training Specialist, you will schedule, and conduct training programs for customers and Perceptron internal personnel.
The Training Specialist duties may include:
- Ensure that scheduled customer training is correct in
- Assist with development of training materials for new products, applications, or other required
- May be responsible for providing support services such as extended education, launch support, and systems maintenance
- Prepares and ships appropriate equipment for scheduled training
- Completes project
- Collects sign in sheets, student evaluations and skills assessments and uploads them to designated document storage system for record keeping and
- Identifies errors in training materials, notes and corrects as required in the source
- Checks for content and proper operation of all training demonstration equipment prior to shipping to a site, and returned from a site
Project Engineer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Project Engineer, you will work under the direction of a Project Manager to effectively install/support Perceptron projects (understand scope and tasks). You will also meet scheduling expectations and interact effectively with customers.
The Project Engineer duties may include:
- Handle unexpected customer delays and situations during project installations appropriately, representing the Project Management Team in strong, positive manner.
- Determine and execute corrective actions for installation errors, customer changes, or unanticipated circumstances.
- Communicate project status to the Project Managers, customers and account teams, as necessary.
- Complete necessary training, so that work can be completed in the field without needing technical assistance.
- Learn to integrate Perceptron technology with other equipment such as laser trackers, robots, and PLCs.
- Take initiative to broaden skill-set across all Perceptron applications (Gauge/Guide/Fit/Scan), as opportunities arise.
- Represent Perceptron in a positive manner with all customers at all times.