We firmly believe our continuing success depends on the full and best use of the abilities of all Team Members. To fulfill these guidelines, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote Team Members without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other factor not related to the needs of the position.
Technical Writer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation through the entire development lifecycle of hardware and software components, using architectural and functional specification documents, interviews with subject matter experts and hands-on use of equipment.
The Technical Writer will:
- Write, in clear and concise language, such technical documents as new functionality notes, application guidelines, best practices FAQ, service bulletins, system configuration notes and procedures, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of software, and electronic, mechanical, and other hardware equipment.
- Responsible for creating such things as datasheets, hardware data modules, product briefs, technical reference guides, white papers, and other documents as requested.
- Create and Maintain single source information to support E-Learning production and in-classroom Training Materials.
Application Engineer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Application Engineer, you will assist in sales activities for specific target accounts or markets. The Application Engineer will:
- Be “Second in command” for the sales team.
- Assist the Account Manager in setting goals, objectives and strategies based on account’s specific requirements.
- Provide leadership to resolve commercial and technical problems, and participate in implementing improvements for additional sales.
- Communicate the requirements to the Perceptron team (Project Manager, Project Engineer, Marketing, Engineering, etc.).
- Maintain the administrative requirements associated with the position.
- Provide technical leadership in the sales role including application evaluation, proposal generation and managing implementation risk.
Global IT Manager – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Global IT Manager you will be responsible for the planning, developing, and implementation of IT solutions for headquarters and global satellite offices. This person will manage on-going IT projects and initiatives as well as administration, budgeting and strategic planning while leading innovation and continuous improvement in all operations.
The Global IT Manager duties include:
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage and supervise IT staff in the innovation, enhancement, sustainment and/or development of technology solutions.
- Perform resource and task planning, budgeting, scheduling and project management for all IT related projects in accordance with requirements provided by Executive Leadership.
- Provide technical leadership in deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PC’s, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment as well as printers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling and internet service providers.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provisions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manage IT staffing; including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and evaluation of each team member.
Candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer Engineering or related fields.
• Three to five years directly applicable experience and/or equivalent.
Software Development Engineer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team to develop and test cutting-edge software solutions for our customers in both the metrology and in-line measurement domains.
The Software Development Engineer duties include:
- Full engagement in development cycles across Perceptron software products
- Contribute to a team of Engineers to produce high quality metrology system products
Candidate must have / be:
- Strong C++, C#, OO design & analysis (UML, Design Patterns)
- Expert in multi-thread, real time system
- Minimum two years of experience in software development
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with version control, bug tracking
- Enjoy hands-on engineering development
- Team player with good interpersonal skills