We firmly believe our continuing success depends on the full and best use of the abilities of all Team Members. To fulfill these guidelines, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote Team Members without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other factor not related to the needs of the position.
Electrical Engineering Manager – Plymouth, MI
Electrical Engineering Manager opportunity in Plymouth, MI. One (1) opening available. Involves responsibility for working as part of the engineering development team to create solutions for our customers in both the metrology and in-line measurement domains. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (foreign degree equivalent accepted) and three (3) years / 36 months experience in metrology / in-line measurement domains. Will supervise (4) subordinates. Up to 5% of time will be spent traveling to customer locations in United States. Applicants must send resumes, salary requirements and/or inquiries for further details to Perceptron, Inc., 47827 Halyard Drive, Plymouth, MI 48170 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.
UX Designer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron UX Designer you will plan, direct and coordinate UX activities across all Perceptron products as needed.
The UX Designer will:
- Consult with PLMs to understand product goals.
- Develop personas and user scenarios.
- Participate in SW sprint reviews.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and screen flows.
- Develop mockups for development and stakeholders.
- Analyze user feedback and activity, iterating to enhance the user experience.
- Conduct Usability Testing.
- Utilize usability research to drive UI design.
- Consult with SQA lead to incorporate UX into the Quality Assurance process.
- Communicate design architecture to SCRUM teams.
- Work with SCRUM teams to develop UI templates.
- When necessary, assist in quality assurance efforts – act as the UX expert.
- Work closely with PLMs to ensure developments satisfy product requirements.
- Assist PLMs to quantify UX ROI.
- BA in Computer Design, Development or Engineering.
- 5 years experience creating UX Designs for Application Software.
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Axure and Balsamiq.
- Experience with the Agile SCRUM software development process.
Training Specialist – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Training Specialist, you will be responsible for scheduling and conducting training programs for customers and Perceptron internal personnel.
The Training Specialist will:
- Ensure that scheduled customer training is correct in content. Modify the deliverable to the specific needs of the plant and student when necessary.
- Assist with development of training materials for new products, applications, or other required deliverables.
- Training Specialists may be responsible for providing support services such as extended education, launch support, systems maintenance support as well as note and report additional opportunities discovered to account teams.
- Prepare and ship appropriate equipment for scheduled training events.
- Complete project records (Activity log, Expense report for each training class conducted).
- Collect sign in sheets, student evaluations and skills assessments and upload them to Perceptron’s designated document storage system for record keeping and training manager review.
- Identify errors in the training materials, notes and correct as required in the source file. If unable to correct then notifies the training manager of the errors found.
- Check for content and proper operation of all training demonstration equipment prior to shipping to a site, and returned from a site.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of equivalent work experience in technical training or dimensional measurement or equivalent work related experience.
- Experience teaching/training adult learners (andragogy); technical writing and documentation skills.
Scrum Master – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Scrum Master you will act as Scrum Master for two to three global software development teams.
The Scrum Master will:
- Facilitate the five scrum ceremonies plus shared ownership of Communities of Practice, Scrum of Scrums, scrum training, and other meetings as needed.
- Act as a servant leader, to provide hands-on support to scrum team members and to remove impediments.
- Utilize techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation within the teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- Demonstrated Leadership ability
- CSM and CSPO credentials plus experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
Software Development Engineer – Plymouth, MI
As a Perceptron Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team to develop and test cutting-edge software solutions for our customers in both the metrology and in-line measurement domains.
The Software Development Engineer duties include:
- Full engagement in development cycles across Perceptron software products
- Contribute to a team of Engineers to produce high quality metrology system products
Candidate must have / be:
- Strong C++, C#, OO design & analysis (UML, Design Patterns)
- Expert in multi-thread, real time system
- Minimum two years of experience in software development
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with version control, bug tracking
- Enjoy hands-on engineering development
- Team player with good interpersonal skills